Contact Us
Bridgeport Daily Voice serves Bridgeport, CT
Return to your home site

Menu

Bridgeport Daily Voice serves Bridgeport, CT

Nearby Towns

Breaking News: Significant Storm System To Disrupt End-Of-Week Holiday Travel
police & fire

Heater Causes Fire In Bridgeport Apartment

The Bridgeport Fire Department extinguished a fire at an apartment complex on Thursday.
The Bridgeport Fire Department extinguished a fire at an apartment complex on Thursday. Photo Credit: Contributed

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. -- A space heater caused a fire at an apartment in the Green Homes housing complex in Bridgeport on Thursday, according to News 12.

The heater was left too close to a bed, and caused the fire to break out at around 4 p.m., News 12 reported. Firefighters responded and were able to keep the fire from spreading to other apartments, according to News 12.

Residents are reminded to avoid using fuel-powered space heaters, as well as to check and make sure their smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are working properly.

Click here to read the News 12 story.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Bridgeport Daily Voice!

Get the news you need to know on the go.

Welcome to

Bridgeport Daily Voice!

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.