BRIDGEPORT, Conn.-- Five adults and one juvenile, including Bridgeport and Stratford residents, were arrested in Milford after an investigation into human trafficking and prostitution, state police said.
On Wednesday and Thursday, the Connecticut State Police Statewide Organized Crime Investigative Task Force and members of the Connecticut State Police Missing Persons Unit conducted a joint operation with Homeland Security Investigations and the Milford Police Department targeting human trafficking in the form of underage prostitution.
As a result of the investigation, three suspects were charged with promoting prostitution, and three others were charged with prostitution, state police said.
The arrested included:
- Jason Prawl, 28, of Bridgeport, charged with second-degree promoting prostitution.
- A 16-year-old female charged with second-degree promoting prostitution.
- Jerome Edison, 45, of Las Vegas, charged with third-degree promoting prostitution.
- Erica M. Calloway, 18, of Las Vegas, charged with prostitution.
- Destiny McCabe, 18, of Stratford, charged with prostitution.
- Sheena Wheeler, 30, of Bridgeport, charged with prostitution.
All suspects are scheduled to appear in Milford Superior Court.
The coordinated effort is part of a continued effort by federal, state and local law enforcement agencies targeting those who facilitate or participate in the exploitation of minors in the sex trafficking business, state police said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.