BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — The Bridgeport Fire Department extinguished a blaze at 600 Bond St. on Friday afternoon, thanks to the work of over 30 firefighters dispatched to tackle it, a city spokesman said.
At 11:53 a.m. Friday, firefighters responded to a call reporting the blaze and battled it back for an hour and a half, the spokesman said.
The fire originated in the laundry room of Bridgeport Manor, and firefighters successfully kept the blaze from extending into the building, the spokesman said.
Firefighters used fans to ventilate the building, and only minor damage was reported.
No injuries were reported, and no residents were displaced.
Bridgeport Manor provides long- and short-term nursing care and rehab for residents.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.