UPDATE: Thousands of residents of Fairfield County were without power on Monday morning. Click here for the latest figures from Daily Voice.
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — Thousands of power outages were being reported overnight as a powerful nor'easter brought heavy rains and strong winds to Fairfield County late Sunday.
As of 2 a.m. Monday , the following outages were reported by Eversource and United Illuminating:
- Bethel: 1,874 customers
- Bridgeport: 174 customers, down from 767
- Brookfield: 319 customers, down from 1,137
- Danbury: 1.036 customers
- Darien: 332 customers
- Easton: 68 customers
- Fairfield: 651 customers, down from 779
- Greenwich: 528 customers
- Monroe: 222 customers
- New Canaan: 1,170 customers
- New Fairfield: 15 customers, down from 241
- Newtown: 1,484 customers, down from 2,689
- Norwalk: 609 customers
- Redding: 362 customers
- Ridgefield: 2,174 customers
- Shelton: 168 customers
- Sherman: 57 customers
- Stamford: 241 customers
- Stratford: 205 customers
- Trumbull: 150 customers
- Weston: 116 customers
- Westport: 6,280 customers, down from 7,148
- Wilton: 176 customers, down from 295
Heavy rain, falling at a rate of up to 1 inch per hour, was reported overnight, with winds of 25 to 35 mph and gusts of 40 to 50 mph.
Downed trees and power lines were reported from the strong nor'easter, along with coastal flooding.
As of 2 a.m. Monday, across the whole state, Eversource reported 170,034 customers without power, UI reported 13,062 without power.
It was not clear when all the outages would be restored.
Rain was expected to continue falling into Monday morning.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.