BRIDGEPORT, Conn. – The Bridgeport Hospital will offer the following classes, screenings, services and support groups during July:
Billing questions – Bridgeport Hospital provides free, confidential assistance to patients and families with questions about their hospital bills. Financial counselors are available during regular business hours to discuss billing issues and payment assistance options, including eligibility for free or discounted care. For an appointment to see a financial counselor, call 203-384-3449.
Blood pressure screenings – Bridgeport Hospital will offer free blood pressure screenings at the following locations and times. For information, call 888-357-2396:
- Monday, July 11 from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. at Stratford Baldwin Center, 1000 West Broad St., Stratford
- Monday, July 18 from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. at Fairfield Senior Center, 100 Mona Terrace, Fairfield
- Monday, July 25 from noon - 2 p.m. at Shelton Senior Center, 81 Wheeler St., Shelton
Breastfeeding support group – Bridgeport Hospital’s free breastfeeding support group for new and expectant mothers will meet on Wednesday, July 6 and Wednesday, July 20 from 10 a.m. to noon at the Park Avenue Medical Center, 5520 Park Ave., Trumbull. To register, click here or call 888-357-2396.
Birthplace tours - Thursdays, July 7, 14, 21 and 28 from 6 - 7 p.m.; Infant CPR – anytime on Thursdays, July 7, 14, 21 and 28 from 7:15 - 8:15 p.m. To register, click here or call 888-357-2396.
First aid and safety classes – Bridgeport Hospital’s Emergency Care Institute will offer the following American Heart Association self-care classes at the hospital, 267 Grant St. Registration is required. Click here or call 888-357-2396.
- Adult, child and infant CPR/defibrillator two-year certification – Wednesday, July 6 from 6-9 p.m. Cost is $65.
- Pediatric first aid/safety and adult, child and infant CPR/defibrillator training two-year certification - Saturday, July 16 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Cost is $100 for the full class or $70 for the first aid portion only.
Other classes and services include genetic counseling and healthy traveler services. Click here for a full list.
Bridgeport Hospital is located at 267 Grant St.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.