BRIDGEPORT, Conn -- Since its inception, Bridgeport's Gathering of the Vibes has been a source of spiritual renewal for concert fans throughout the Northeast. Now in its 20th year, Vibes has expanded while growing in numbers and popularity.
Take a look at these statistics, as well look at the Vibes by the numbers:
- 3,500 – Deadheads gathered to commemorate music and a way of life back in 1996
- 25,000 – VibeTribe gatherings have evolved into the pre-eminent annual music, arts, culture, and camping festival in the Northeast
- 1,800 – Gathering of the Vibes volunteers and staffers behind-the-scenes
The VibeTribe, and its families, has grown with the festival. Vibes strives for a communal experience for all ages, with family activities and togetherness.
- 12,000 – Campers create a nomadic community for Vibes weekend
- 2,300 – Kids are expected to experience the Kids Corner at this year's vibes
- 50 – Infant to teen visitors to the first Kids Tent in the year 2000
Musically, Vibes has consistently remained true to its roots, while branching out to change with the times, and this year is no exception.
- 600 – Musical performances have filled the air over Vibes stages since Day One
- 50+ – Bands will perform at Vibes 2015!
Vibes has also matured in its mission to promote a healthy Earth. Green Vibes Initiatives focus on maximizing environmental awareness and minimizing its carbon footprint.
- 22,000 – Pounds of collected recyclables, by the 900-member Clean Vibes Crew
- Nearly 2 Tons of CO2 prevented from entering the atmosphere by the 877 members of the Green Vibes Carbon Cutters
From July 30 to Aug. 2, Gathering of the Vibes returns to 375-acre Seaside Park for the 17th time. Adult weekend Adult and VIP Camping Passes are still available for those looking to join the Vibe Tribe.
For tickets and information on 20th Gathering of the Vibes visit GoVibes.com .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.