BRIDGEPORT, Conn. -- Beardsley Zoo in Bridgeport is planning fun and educational special events and seasonal programs throughout the fall.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Harvest hayrides will be offered on Oct. 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 24, 25, 31 from 1-3 p.m. Rides begin at the WOLF Cabin and are $2 each.
- Oct. 10: Third annual Brew at the Zoo, 3-7 p.m. This adults-only evening at Connecticut's only zoo will feature craft beers, live music and a silent auction. Afterward, guests are invited to an exclusive preview of the annual Howl-O-Ween event from 7-8 p.m. Cost is $40 per person; $50 per person at gate the night of (if available). To purchase, contact Emily Bobowick at 203-394-6569 or email@example.com.
- Oct. 13: Ninth annual Golf Tournament at the Connecticut Golf Club in Easton. The day's festivities will include a round of golf, contests (hole in one/closest to the pin/straightest drive), food, a silent auction and raffle.
- Oct. 13-14: Zoo Tots, 10:30 a.m. This monthly 45-minute program for children 22 months to 4 years old, who are accompanied by an adult, may include theme-related songs or games, live animals, and a simple craft. This session is entitled "Not So Scary." Pre-registration is required by calling 203-394-6563. The cost is $10 for zoo members and one child, and $15 for nonmembers and one child.
- Scarecrows on Parade Oct. 17 to 31: Check out this scarecrow competition and vote for your favorites. Free with zoo admission.
- Oct. 17, 23, 24, 30, 31: Howl-O-Ween Fridays, 6:30 to 9 p.m.; Saturdays 6:30 to 10 p.m. The evenings feature a haunted hayride, Farmer Beardsley's Farmstead and the Ghastly Greenhouse. For those more timid, enjoy magic shows, face painting, fortunetellers, dancers and more. Tickets also include free face painting and candy. Admission is $12 per person in advance and for zoo members; $15 per person at the gate.
- Oct. 25: Boo at the Zoo, noon to 3 p.m. This afternoon includes harvest hayrides and other seasonal enjoyments. If you're under 12, in costume and are accompanied by a paying adult, you get in to the zoo for free.
Check BeardsleyZoo.org or Facebook for more information on these events.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.