FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — Sunny skies across the area Friday morning will turn to increasing cloudiness by afternoon and into a wintry mix by the evening as a warm front approaches Fairfield County, according to the National Weather Service.
There is a 40 percent chance of rain and snow in the evening and through the overnight across Fairfield County, the weather service said.
On Saturday, warmer temperatures and sunny skies will return as the front moves through the area and will hold until later Sunday night, said the National Weather Service.
Here's the forecast:
- Friday: Increasing clouds, with a high near 38. Wind chill values between 15 and 25. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday night: A chance of rain, snow, and sleet before 1 a.m., then a slight chance of rain and snow between 1a.m. and 4 a.m. Cloudy, with a low around 32. South wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent.
- Saturday : Mostly sunny, with a high near 50. Southwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 35. Southwest wind around 6 mph.
- Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 49. West wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Sunday Night: A chance of rain before 10 p.m., then a chance of rain and snow between 10 p.m. and 1a.m., then a chance of snow after 1a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.