FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — Cold temperatures Friday night will be the only hiccup in the warm, mild weather we are enjoying across Fairfield County this week, according to the National Weather Service.
Friday will be sunny with a high temperatures approaching 60 degrees, which is cooler than Thursday but still above normal, the weather service said.
It will become colder by Friday evening, with lows in the 30s and approaching freezing. But the front will move through early Saturday and bring sunny skies with temperatures in the upper 50s to mid-60s under sunny skies for the weekend.
Rain and cooler temperatures begin to return to the area late Sunday night and continue through Monday, said the National Weather Service.
- Friday: Sunny, with a temperature falling to around 54 by 5 p.m., with northwest winds of 14 mph.
- Friday night: Clear, with a low of about 32 degrees. Northwest winds 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 57 degrees. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Saturday night: Mostly clear, with a low near 40 degrees. Southwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 59 degrees.
- Sunday Night: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low of about 41. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent.
- Monday: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 49. The chance of precipitation is 70 percent.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.