FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — Residents should be on the ready for light snow in the Fairfield County area late Thursday night and into early Friday morning that will likely result in snow covered roads and hazardous travel conditions during the morning commute, according to the National Weather Service.
For Today, the National Weather Service said dry and cold conditions will persist with the polar high pressure system building as it moves into New England.
- Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 34 degrees. Wind chill values between 20 and 30 degrees. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Tonight: Light snow likely, mainly after 3 a.m. Cloudy, with a low around 22 degrees. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Friday: Light snow, mainly before noon. High near 35 degrees. Wind chill values between 15 and 25 degrees. Northeast wind 6 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 24 degrees. North wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 39 degrees. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.