FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Today is the first day of summer and the weather in Fairfield County agrees, with sunny skies during the day and cool evenings, perfect for cookouts and parties celebrating the lazy, hazy days of summer.
The National Weather Service calls for sunny skies to continue with a high around 80 degrees Monday with a few thunderstorms moving in Monday night with a low around 61 degrees.
Tuesday dawns with a slight chance of rain before 11 a.m., but gives way to partly cloudy skies with a high near 85 degrees. Chance of rain is 20 percent. Tuesday night will be mild with a low around 56 degrees.
The rest of the week is a mix of sunny skies, with a typical thunderstorm thrown in the mix.
- Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 81. Light west wind increasing to 6 to 11 mph in the morning.
- Wednesday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 57.
- Thursday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 76.
- Thursday night: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56.
- Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 80.
- Friday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 59.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.