FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — Summing up the coming weather for Fairfield County is pretty easy -- the heat is on.
According to the National Weather Service, an area of high pressure that is building across the area will bring hotter and increasingly more humid air to the Fairfield County area Thursday with temperatures soaring to near 90.
Conditions will change a bit on Friday, when a weak cold front approaches the area bringing with it, clouds and scattered showers and thunderstorms, but not a break from the heat.
Here's what to expect:
- Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 87.
- Thursday night : Mostly clear, with a low around 66.
- Friday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1 p.m. Mostly sunny, with a high near 89.
- Friday night : A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 3 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 71.
- Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 91.
- Saturday night: Mostly clear, with a low around 70.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 90.
- Sunday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 71.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.