BRIDGEPORT, Conn. – St. Vincent's College will celebrate this year's commencement with a spotlight on radiography graduates from both Bridgeport and Stamford.
The exercises will be held Friday from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at the University of Bridgeport's Arnold Bernhard Arts & Humanities Center, Mertens Theatre.
One radiography student will be featured as a student speaker and several will receive awards. Bachelor of science degrees in nursing and radiologic sciences and associate of science degrees in nursing and radiography will be presented at the commencement. St. Vincent's College is the only institution in southern Fairfield County offering an associate degree program for radiography.
Student commencement speakers are Vivian Lounsbury of Bridgeport and Justin Gagner (radiography) of Oxford.
Student Award recipients:
- Frank Scifo, M.D., Award for Excellence to Jenna Foley (radiography) of Naugatuck;
- Raphael Squitieri, M.D., Award for Excellence to Kendra Labaw of Shelton;
- Anne T. Avallone, Ed.D., Leadership Award to Kelly Freely of West Windsor, N.J.
- President's Award to Melissa Matyasovsky of Orange; Meghan Massari (radiologic sciences BSRS) of Seymour and Alaina Shames of Norwalk.
- CT All-USA Academic Team to Brigida LoMonaco (radiography) of Madison; Brian Sager of Branford.
- Joint Review Committee On Education In Radiologic Technology Excellence In Education to Darah Lindley (radiography) of South Salem, N.Y.; and Adam Villegas (radiography) of Shelton.
The commencement address will be delivered by the Rev. Larry Fullerton, executive pastor of Black Rock Congregational Church in Fairfield. The Rev. Charles Allen, S.J., special assistant to the president of Fairfield University, will receive an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters at the graduation.
The University of Bridgeport's Arnold Bernhard Arts & Humanities Center, Mertens Theatre is located at 84 Iranistan Ave., Bridgeport.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.