FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Connecticut has quality colleges and universities sprinkled throughout the state, but which one is the best?
Education website Niche compiled data on all four-year institutions and ranked them based on 10 key metrics:
- Student surveys
- Student life
- Campus quality
- Local area
The top school in the area was Yale University, which ranked third overall in the country. The Ivy League school earned an A+ grade in six of the 10 categories. Yale's weakest category was safety, where it earned only a C+.
Wesleyan University in Middletown was second in the state and No. 50 in the country. The school earned high marks for Academics and Diversity, but lagged in other categories like safety and athletics.
Here's how the rest of the Connecticut schools ranked:
- No. 3, University of Connecticut
- No. 4, Trinity College
- No. 5, Connecticut College
- No. 6, University of St. Joseph
- No. 7, Quinnipiac University
- No. 8, University of New Haven
- No.9, Fairfield University
- No.10, Sacred Heart University in Fairfield
- No. 11, University of Hartford
- No. 12, Central Connecticut
- No. 13, Eastern Connecticut
- No. 14, University of Bridgeport
- No. 15, Southern Connecticut
- No.16, Western Connecticut
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.