BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — Officials have ruled that the cause of death of an infant who died suddenly in Bridgeport in December was due to an over-the-counter antihistamine, according to the Connecticut Post.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner told the Connecticut Post that 13-month-old Michael Citron died of acute chlorpheniramine intoxication. Chlorpheniramine is an antihistamine found in many allergy medications.
The aftermath of Citron's death on Dec. 2 was captured on the A&E show "Live PD," which was following Bridgeport Police at the time, according to the Connecticut Post. A Bridgeport officer teared up on the show as he described finding the infant's lifeless body, the Connecticut Post reported.
Citron was in a foster home at the time of his death, according to the Connecticut Post. Bridgeport Police, the Office of the Child Advocate and the Department of Children and Families had all launched investigations, which were put on hold pending results from the medical examiner, according to the Connecticut Post.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.