BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — A man in his 20s was found dead of a drug overdose in the bathroom of a Burger King in Bridgeport on Friday morning, according to city spokesman Av Harris.
"Apparently he went into the bathroom [Thursday] night and locked the door," Harris said. "The overdose happened inside the locked bathroom, and the young man was discovered [Friday] morning. He was already deceased this morning."
The man, who was from the Naugatuck Valley area, was living in a halfway house in Bridgeport, Harris said.
The Burger King is located at 193 Boston Ave., in the Bay View Plaza.
A scanner report said the man was discovered by employees while opening the Burger King.
The man's name was not released by police, and no further details were released about the case.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.