BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — State Police Troop G in Bridgeport will join other state troopers across Connecticut on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in collecting wheelchairs for Chariots of Hope’s 17th annual “Day of Wheels.”
Chariots of Hope is a Connecticut-based, nonprofit organization that collects used wheelchairs to refurbish and distribute them to people in need around the world.
There are nearly 20 million children and adults around the world who could make use of the wheelchairs that now sit idle in people’s attics and basements. Saturday’s goal will be to collect 300 wheelchairs in one day. Last year, more than 55 wheelchairs were collected across Connecticut at State Police Troops.
Anyone wishing to donate a wheelchair may drop it off at any Connecticut State Police barracks between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Representatives from Chariots of Hope will be on hand to accept the wheelchair donation. Donations will be accepted at the following locations:
- State Police Troop G 149 Prospect Street, Bridgeport
- State Police Drop off locations for the wheelchair collection:
- State Police Troop A 90 Lakeside Road, Southbury State
- Police Troop B 463 Ashley Falls Road, North Canaan
- State Police Troop C 1320 Tolland Stage Road, Tolland
- State Police Troop D 55 Westcott Road, Danielson
- State Police Troop E 395 Northbound between exits 79 and 79A, Montville
- State Police Troop F 315 Spencer Plains Road, Westbrook
- State Police Troop H 100R Washington Street, Hartford
- State Police Troop I 631 Amity Road, Bethany
- State Police Troop K 15A New Hartford Road, Colchester
- State Police Troop L 452A Bantam Road, Litchfield
For additional information, call (860) 242-HOPE or visit the Chariots of Hope website here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.