BRIDGEPORT, Conn. -- A Bridgeport man has been charged with two counts of sex trafficking of a minor, according to Deirdre M. Daly, U.S. Attorney for Connecticut.
Jason “Boots” Prawl, 28, was indicted earlier this month by a grand jury in New Haven, Daly announced Thursday.
Prawl pleaded not guilty to the charges Thursday during an appearance before U.S. Magistrate Judge Donna F. Martinez in Hartford.
The indictment alleges that Prawl harbored and transported two minor victims to engage in commercial acts. The indictment did not specify the age of the alleged victims.
The first minor was trafficked last July and August, and the second last December and February, the indictment says.
Prawl has been behind bars since March.
If found guilty, he could face a sentence of 10 years to life in prison, Daly said.
The case is under investigation by the Connecticut Human Trafficking Task Force, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Homeland Security Investigations, Connecticut State Police, Bridgeport Police Department and Milford Police Department.
It is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Sarala V. Nagala and David E. Novick.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.