BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — A 3-year-old girl died in a massive fire in her Bridgeport condo early Sunday despite efforts by her neighbors and firefighters to save her, according to NBC Connecticut.
The fire began at about 3 a.m. in the kitchen of the condo at the Greentree Complex on Frenchtown Road, NBC Connecticut said. Sincere Pettway, 3, died, and her mother, Shaneese Pettway, 26, was sent to the hospital along with Alaia Brandon, 1; Egypt Medina, 2; and Terrell Belle, 7, the story said. Brandon's mother, Chakierah Booker, 20, was also treated for burns and smoke inhalation, NBC said.
The woman who owns the condo went in to try to save Sincere but couldn't find her, and other neighbors tried but couldn't get through the smoke and fire, NBC Connecticut said.
Firefighters pulled the 3-year-old from her second-floor bedroom, but she died at the scene, NBC Connecticut said.
The fire, which was contained to the one unit, is under investigation, the story said.
A massive fire on New Year's Eve Day at a condo complex on Charles Street in Bridgeport left over 100 people homeless.
Click here to read the story at the NBC Connecticut website.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.