BRIDGEPORT, Conn. – Two families are receiving temporary housing assistance from The Red Cross after a fire on Bond Street in Bridgeport caused major damage to their home.
Four adults and three children are receiving assistance after the fire broke out on the second floor of the house. High winds fanned the flames. The first floor of the structure sustained water and smoke damage.
The Red Cross is also providing comfort kits containing personal care items such as toothbrushes, deodorant; shaving supplies and other items a resident might not have been able to gather in the rush to escape the fire.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.