Strong winds overnight, with even more powerful gusts, knocked down trees, poles and power lines overnight.
As of 9:30 a.m., the following power outages were reported by Eversource and United Illuminating:
- Bethel: 23 customers
- Bridgeport: 39 customers, down 48
- Brookfield: 2 customers
- Danbury: 1,021 customers
- Darien: 82 customers
- Fairfield: 1 customer
- Greenwich: 5 customers, down from 14
- Newtown: 3 customers
- New Canaan: 68 customers
- Norwalk: 20 customers
- Monroe: 220 customers
- Redding: 18 customers
- Ridgefield: 827 customers, where a portion of Main Street was blocked by a downed utility pole
- Sherman: 2 customers
- Stamford: 39 customers, down from 101
- Trumbull: 1 customer, down from 63
- Weston: 10 customers
- Westport: 3 customers
- Wilton: 6 customers
It was not clear when the outages would be repaired. Thousands were without power across the state, making for much work for Eversource.
A Wind Advisory remains in effect until noon Tuesday. The strongest wind gust reported so far was 47 mph in Stamford on Monday evening.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.