FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — Here's a look at the top stories in Fairfield County this week:
- Fairfield County celebrated St. Patrick's Day in style, with a new parade and party at O'Neill's in Norwalk; a parade with floats and Irish step dancers in Bridgeport; a neighborhood parade for residents in New Fairfield; a flag-raising in Stratford, and a daylong party at Tigin's in Stamford.
- Unfortunately, the big St. Patrick's Day Parade scheduled for Sunday in Greenwich was canceled due to a snowy forecast . A parade scheduled to step in Danbury was canceled as well .
- A court report said the Fairfield man who assaulted his wife and two of his children had also sliced his wrists and neck before he was shot to death by a Fairfield police officer.
- Greenwich Boy Scouts came to the aid of a family that had gotten lost while hiking.
- A video surfaced showing a Darien teen , who was later arrested, brandishing a firearm and issuing profanity and racial slurs via SnapChat.
- Westport native Henry Wynne is the national NCAA champion in the men's indoor mile.
- Birders flock to Sherwood Island State Park in Westport to find their favorite species.
- A woman is facing serious charges after she drove over the foot of a New Canaan Police officer and forced another to jump behind his car after she drove directly at him during a police chase.
- Police issued an arrest warrant for Rodolfo Revello , 43, of Greenwich, in the kidnapping of his 7-year-old son in Trumbull.
- Police are still investigating the cold case of the disappearance of a Norwalk woman who went missing in 1985 after "disturbances" with an ex-boyfriend.
- A one-car crash took the life of a 19-year-old Monroe woman .
- Two hawk vs. people attacks were reported in Fairfield .
- The Danbury Animal Welfare Society in Bethel delivered a gift of goodies t o Brookfield Police K9 officer, Bruno, who along with his handler, Sgt. Jeff Osuch, located a missing teenage girl.
- A protest of a Ridgefield Playhouse speaking appearance by actor Lillo Brancato, who was once a co-defendant in a murder case, will not stop his show.
- A group of Good Samaritans and first responders saved the life o f a fallen bicyclist in Fairfield who had no pulse.
- A Norwalk couple has created Metrocrops, pairing a farmer’s know-how with state -of-the-art technology to grow a green garden inside an old Bridgeport factory.
- A Bridgeport man is charged with stealing 1 2 firearms, a television and more than $100,000 worth of jewelry in two November burglaries in Shelton.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.