FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Construction on Interstate 95 starting at the end of April will cause overnight lane closures in Fairfield and Bridgeport.
The project involves milling and paving a section of I-95 between the New England Avenue overpass and the Broad Street overpass for a total distance of 3 miles. This project will also include milling and paving of on-ramps and off-ramps and repair of existing concrete bridge decks.
Motorists should expect lane closures at the following times:
- Mondays between 8 p.m. and 7 a.m.
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 9 p.m. and 7 a.m.
- Thursday and Friday between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m.
- Saturdays between 9 p.m. and 9 a.m. (Sunday)
- Sundays between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. (Monday)
- Mondays through Thursday between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Friday between 8 p.m. and 7 a.m. (Saturday)
- Saturday between 9 p.m. and 9 a.m. (Sunday)
- Sunday between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. (Monday)
Ramps could be closed between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. Monday through Sunday. Any Detours will be displayed.
Initial lane closures are expected to begin on April 21 and resume once again on May 1.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.