FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Here's a look at the top stories in Fairfield County from last week.
- Daily Voice Managing Editor Karen Tensa shared her experience of traveling down to Washington, D.C. , to witness the papal visit.
- Bridgeport Mayor Bill Finch dropped out of the race and will no longer seek re-election .
- Darien High School’s Shelby Grant had a record-setting day with six touchdowns .
- Fairfield firefighters teamed up to rescue a trapped dog .
- A Westchester County man was charged with kidnapping after he allegedly forced a Greenwich woman into his car.
- Max Pacioretty, 26, a native of New Canaan, is the 29th captain of the Montreal Canadiens franchise.
- A Norwalk woman was charged with trying to steal rims and wheels from the BMW dealership on Ledge Road.
- Ridgefield Bicycle Co. has been named one of America’s Best Bike Shops for the second straight year.
- Stamford Police are searching for a suspect who stole an off-duty officer's car and slammed it into another vehicle while trying to flee.
- A Weston man was arrested on drug charges and allegedly told the state trooper that he "hates cops."
- A New York man allegedly tried to entice a 15-year-old Wilton girl to have sex with him over the Internet and also allegedly sent pornography of himself to several 15-year-old Wilton girls.
- Connecticut lawmakers called for greater gun control laws following another mass shooting in Oregon.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.