FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — Here's a look at the top stories in Fairfield County this week:
- One teenage worker was shot and killed and a second critically injured in an attempted holdup at a Bridgeport pizza place.
- Fairfield folk singer-songwriter Kristen Graves spreads here message as Connecticut's state troubadour .
- Danbury pet shop owner Richard Doyle, 55, who is facing animal cruelty charges, was arrested again and charged with two counts of tampering with a witness.
- A New Fairfield woman and her fiancee from Danbury were charged with shoplifting after they pretended she was pregnant and going into labor in an attempt to avoid arrest.
- Sherman weightlifter Michael Mase, 32, was sentenced to three years of probation for his role in an anabolic steroid manufacturing and distribution ring.
- Norwalk police looked for links between a shooting and stabbing that left four people injured.
- A shoplifter at Stew Leonard’s in Norwalk grabbed a $2,000 Prada purse from a cart with a Gucci wallet inside valued at $4,800.
- Darien High graduate Jamie Swiggart, 32, a Navy flight instructor, died in the crash of a private plane in Florida.
- Adam Siegel of Greenwich, 37, pleaded guilty to participating in a multimillion-dollar securities fraud scheme at RBS in Stamford.
- Round Hill Community Church in Greenwich has introduced a new monthly Sunday afternoon service with a more contemporary feel to reach out to families with children.
- Wilton's Michael LaSala, a junior offensive lineman with Washington and Lee University, was named to the D3football.com All-America team.
- George Cupi, 52, was picked up at his Shelton home and charged with the murder of a Queens man in a 2011 road rage incident in New York City.
- A 23-year-old Bridgeport man was charged with the murder of a 14-year-old high school student who was caught in gunfire near a barber shop on Christmas Eve.
- Trumbull High School's We the People team won the state championship for the fifth consecutive year.
- Terrence Cheng has been appointed as the new director at the Stamford campus of the University of Connecticut.
- A three-story building on Main Street in Danbury was damaged by a Christmas Day fire , and the apartment occupants were displaced.
- Luke Vincent Gatti, a former University of Connecticut freshman was sentenced to probation for going on a drunken , profanity-laced tirade about macaroni and cheese at the Storrs campus.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.