FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — Here's a look at the top stories in Fairfield County this week:
- A Bethel neighborhood was shocked when one man was shot to death and two other people were injured in what Bethel police called an attempted murder-suicide in a home.
- The death of a 25-year-old man killed in a police-involved shooting in Stamford was ruled a suicide. The two officers involved in the fatal shooting on Wedgemere Road were placed on modified duty as Connecticut State Police continued to investigate.
- Greenwich firefighters extinguished a smoky fire at the popular downtown Barcelona Restaurant & Wine Bar. The damaged restaurant will undergo repairs and plans to reopen.
- When New Canaan police responded to a reported shooting on a $15 million estate on North Wilton Road, they discovered a 41-year-old woman had committed suicide. She was a friend of the family who owns the property and had been staying there as a guest. The family was traveling at the time of the incident.
- A mother/son duo from Darien are behind the film, "Jane Wants a Boyfriend," a love story about a girl with autism and a boy she meets.
- A three-dimensional 1-inch-to-30-foot model of The SoNo Collection , a planned mall, is on display at Norwalk City Hall.
- A Greenwich man suspected of kidnapping his 7-year-old son from his Trumbull bedroom, prompting an Amber Alert earlier this month, was arrested by U.S. Marshals in the Bronx, N.Y.
- Tusk & Cup Fine Coffee in Ridgefield won the Daily Voice "DVlicious Best Coffee In Fairfield County" contest.
- Simpson & Vail In Brookfield is promoting a new literary tea collection.
- A 34-year-old Danbury man was charged with sexually assaulting a 3-year-old girl.
- An executive from Ridgefield who was traveling for business was injured in Tuesday's terrorist bombing in Brussels.
- A Fairfield man was arrested on drug charges after authorities intercepted a package containing a large amount of GHB, a “date rape drug."
- Phyllis Boughton, wife of eight-term Danbury Mayor Mark Boughton, filed for divorce.
- The state announced it plans to shut down a regional center in Stratford for disabled residents to cut costs.
- The director of a Newtown children's theater company has been charged with a host of sex crimes against underage girls.
- The schools in Bridgeport got an overall mark of 59.3 by the state Department of Education.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.