FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — Here's a look at the top stories in Fairfield County this past week:
- Residents from across Fairfield County attended fireworks shows to celebrate July 4th with music, dancing and, of course, the skies filled with lights in almost every town, from Bridgeport and Danbury to Greenwich and Westport .
- Police are looking for a man who photo bombed a teenager's selfie and then inappropriately touched her at the Fourth of July fireworks at Jennings Beach in Fairfield.
- A Michigan tractor-trailer driver who is suspected of pushing a Bridgeport man out of the cab of his truck and running over him during a dispute over drug money will be extradited back to Bridgeport to face charges, including manslaughter.
- Parish Rowell, a Westhill High School basketball star, was arrested by Stamford police and charged with illegally carrying a pistol without a permit and interfering with an officer after fleeing from officers and taking them on a foot chase through two parks.
- A man was busted on charges of selling heroin in Darien and Norwalk after an undercover investigation.
- Bridgeport taxpayers showed up in force at a City Council meeting to protest huge increases in property taxes, demanding to be heard and booing Mayor Joe Ganim.
- The Danbury Police Department has made a series of busts at Farrington Woods Park after multiple complaints of sexual activity and solicitation in the area, arresting at least 10 men in the past week, including four elderly men on public indecency charges.
- A Stratford man is facing arson charges after setting fire to the same vacant multi-family home twice in the same week.
- Seven people were rescued by the Shelton Volunteer Fire Company after their boat struck a rock in the Housatonic River during the fireworks show.
- The state may add regulations to limit walk-in visitors at state parks, but until then it's up to New Fairfield to regulate parking at Squantz Pond.
- A unlicensed massage therapist was arrested by Shelton Police on charges of sexual assaulting two women who were receiving massages at the Coco Spa.
- A 68-year-old Trumbull woman was killed in a six-vehicle pileup on I-95 in East Haven that required five people to be extricated from one car. She was a passenger in the car.
- Westport hockey player Michael Paliotta agreed to a one-year deal with the New York Rangers.
- Norwalk police were searching for a suspect in the robbery of the Chase Bank in South Norwalk .
- Everyone who knew him was shocked that Westport police Sgt. Bob Myer of Newtown killed himself. Now his wife, Beth, is working to bring suicide into the spotlight.
- When Sherman resident Kristin Hart started a Stand Up Paddleboard program in 2011 on Candlewood Lake, little did she know how quickly it would take off.
- A new app allows train riders on Metro-North's New Haven Line to purchase tickets from their smartphones.
- Laura Ancona had wanted to open a Tusk & Cup in Wilton for a long time, now it's a huge success.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.