BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — Seven students and one adult were checked out in the emergency room at Bridgeport Hospital after Columbus Elementary School was evacuated Thursday due to an odd odor, according to the Connecticut Post.
They were all ultimately released, but no gas leak or other cause of the odor was found at the school, which was evacuated to be cautious as a number of people became ill, the Post said.
Columbus Elementary School plans to open Friday on its regular schedule, the Post said.
All of the students were taken by bus to the nearby Geraldine Johnson School on Lexington Avenue, the Post said.
Click here to read the story at the Connecticut Post website.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.