BRIDGEPORT, Conn. -- Over 100 players from around Fairfield County will flex their basketball muscles at Hoops for Habitat on Saturday, April 1 at the McGivney Center.
The event will raise money to help a Bridgeport family receive a home through Habitat for Humanity of Coastal Fairfield County.
The Youth United’s 8th Annual Hoops for Habitat basketball scoring competition features a clinic conducted by former NBA player Chris Smith.
The organization has previously helped four Bridgeport families build and purchase decent, affordable homes below cost, with zero interest mortgages through Habitat.
Here is the game and clinics schedule:
- Adult Scrimmages: 9 to 9:30 a.m.
- Elementary school competition: 9:30 to 10:15 a.m.
- Middle School Competition: 10:15 to 11 a.m.
- Break for Introductions
- Clinics at 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., conducted by Chris Smith, an all-time scorer for UConn and former NBA player.
- High School Scrimmages: 12:15 to 1 p.m., with competition from 1 to 2 p.m.
- Adult Competition: 2 to 3 p.m.
- Raffle: 3 to 3:30 p.m.
The McGivney Center is located at 338 Stillman St., Bridgeport.
Habitat for Humanity of Coastal Fairfield County builds communities and improves lives by eliminating substandard housing and creating homeownership possibilities for families of low-income.