BRIDGEPORT, Conn. -- Sign up now for next month's Bridgeport Hospital childbirth, breastfeeding and adult and infant CPR classes among a host of community programs and health screenings at the hospital and other locations.
Expectant parents can tour the hospital's maternity ward, learn how to care for their infants in Trumbull, and screenings for blood pressure are scattered throughout the area.
There is a financial counseling program to discuss billing questions by appointment to 203-384-3449.
Breastfeeding basics is offered Saturdays, March 11 and 15, from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Park Avenue Medical Center, 5520 Park Ave., Trumbull. To register, call 888-357-2396 or click here.
Childbirth preparation is offered Saturdays, March 4 and 18, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Park Avenue Medical Center, 5520 Park Ave., Trumbull. To register, call 888-357-2396 or click here.
The expectant parent classes and tours are Thursdays, March 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30, from 6 to 7 p.m. at the hospital.
Infant CPR Anytime is set for Thursdays, March 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30, from 7:15 to 8:15 p.m. To register, call 888-357-2396 click here.
Bridgeport Hospital’s Emergency Care Institute will offer the following American Heart Association self-care classes at the hospital, 267 Grant St. Registration is required. Call 888-357-2396 or click here.
- Administration of medicine Thursday, March 9, and Tuesday, March 21, 6:30 to 9:30 pm. Cost is $60 for the full program and $25 for injectables only.
- Adult, child and infant CPR and defibrillator training, Wednesday, March 1, 6 - 9 pm. Cost is $75.
The free blood pressure screenings are:
- Mondays, March 6 and 20, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Fairfield Senior Center, 100 Mona Terrace, Fairfield.
- Stratford Baldwin Center, 1000 W. Broad St, Monday, March 13, 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- Stratford Baldwin Center, 1000 W. Broad St., Monday, March 13, 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- Shelton Senior Center, 81 Wheeler St., Monday, March 27, noon to 2 p.m.
Call 888-357-2396 for information. Click here for the full list of classes.