GREENWICH, Conn. -- This Father's Day, take it up a notch with grilling tips from Frederic Kieffer, executive chef of Artisan Restaurant Tavern and Garden in Southport and l’escale RestaurantBar in Greenwich.
Chef Kieffer says it's all about the rub. Here, his suggestion for Black Angus NY steak or Black Angus Bone-In Rib steak
Combine the following together:
- 5 tbsp of sea salt
- 2 tbsp of cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp of herb de Provence
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoon of whiskey
Pre-heat the grill and lightly oil the grill.
Grill the steak and let them rest at least five minutes before serving.
For a summer ‘go to’ side dish he often does a "Grilled Ratatouille" at home.
- Slice (about 1/2 inch slices) and grill tomatoes, zucchini, eggplants, pepper and onion
- When all the vegetables are grilled, chop them up (not too small); then place for about a minute in a mixing bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper, if needed, sprinkle some extra virgin olive oil, add some rough chopped basil leaves.
- Mix well, serve immediately.
"This can be done first, but not too early, as you want to serve this dish pretty warm," warned Kieffer.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.