BRIDGEPORT, Conn. -- Bridgeport Hospital will offer the following classes, screenings, services and support groups during April.
- Billing questions – Bridgeport Hospital provides free, confidential assistance to patients and families with questions about their hospital bills. Financial counselors are available during regular business hours to discuss billing issues and payment assistance options, including eligibility for free or discounted care. Call 203-384-3449.
- Blood pressure screenings – Bridgeport Hospital will offer free blood pressure screenings at the following locations and times. For information, call 888-357-2396. Fairfield Senior Center, 100 Mona Terrace, Monday, April 4 and Monday, April 18, 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. Stratford Baldwin Center, 1000 West Broad St.; Monday, April 11, 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. Shelton Senior Center, 81 Wheeler St.; Monday, April 25, noon - 2 p.m.
- Breastfeeding support group – Bridgeport Hospital’s free breastfeeding support group for new and expectant mothers will meet on Wednesday, April 6, and Wednesday, April 20, 10 a.m. - noon, at the Park Avenue Medical Center, 5520 Park Ave., Trumbull. Call 888-357-2396 or visit www.bridgeporthospital.org/events .
- Expectant parent classes and tours – Classes and tours for new and expectant parents, including: Birthplace Tours - Thursdays, April 7, 14, 21, and 28, 6 - 7 p.m.
- Infant CPR Anytime - Thursdays, April 7, 14, 21, and 28, 7:15 - 8:15 p.m. Call 888-357-2396 or visit www.bridgeporthospital.org/events .
- Ostomy support – Bridgeport Hospital’s free ostomy support group meets Sunday, April 17, 2 p.m., at Visiting Nurse Services of Connecticut, 12 Cambridge Dr., Trumbull. The meeting is open to anyone who has had or will have an ostomy operation, such as a colostomy, urostomy or ileostomy. Spouses are welcome. Call Sharon Tilley, RN, at 203-384-3209.
- Stroke support group – Tuesday, April 5, 6 - 7 p.m., Ahlbin Rehabilitation Center, 4 Corporate Drive, Shelton. For information, Call 203-925-4201.
- Traumatic brain injury group – meets the third Tuesday of the month, including April 19, 6 - 7:30 p.m., at the Disability Resource Center, 80 Ferry Blvd., Stratford. Call 203-380-1004.
For information about workplace or community-based group classes, call 203-384-4497.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.