BRIDGEPORT, Conn. – Classes and services ranging from blood pressure screenings to breastfeeding lessons will be offered this December by Bridgeport Hospital, officials said.
The classes and services include:
- Blood pressure screenings: Monday, Dec. 7 and Monday Dec. 21, from 9:30-11:30 a.m. at the Bigelow Center for Senior Activities, 100 Mona Terrace and Dec. 14 from 9:30-11:30 a.m. at the Stratford Baldwin Center, 1000 W. Broad St. For more information, call (888) 357-2396.
- Breastfeeding support group: Free for new and expectant mothers. Meets Wednesday, Dec. 2., and Wednesday, Dec. 16 from 10 a.m. to noon at the Park Avenue Medical Center, 5520 Park Ave., Trumbull. Mothers are welcome to bring their babies. To register, call (888) 327-2396.
- First aid and safety classes: At the hospital, 267 Grant St. Call (203) 384-4497 to register. Administration of medicine, Tuesday, Dec. 8, 6:30-9:30 p.m. Cost, $50 for the full program; $25 for injectables only. CPR/defibrillator two-year certification, Wednesday, Dec. 2, 6-9 p.m. Cost, $65. Pediatric first aid/safety and adult, child and infant CPR/defibrillator, Saturday, Dec. 12 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Cost, $100 for full class or $70 for first aid portion only.
- Healthy traveler service: Provides pre-travel consultation, vaccines, medications and comprehensive travel information, including evaluation of hazards linked to food, drinking water, insects, animals, jet lag, scuba diving and more. For information, or to make an appointment, call (203) 384-3613.
- Look Good … Feel Better: Learn beauty techniques to overcome the appearance-related side effects of chemotherapy and radiation. Sponsored by the American Cancer Society and the hospital. Free program. Tuesday, Dec. 8, from 2-4 p.m. at the Norma Pfriem Breast Center, 111 Beach Road, Fairfield. To register, call 203-255-5300.
- Senior driving course: AARP’s Smart Driver course will be offered Saturday, Dec. 5, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., in the first-floor Administration Conference Room at Bridgeport Hospital, 267 Grant St. The fee is $15 for AARP members and $20 for nonmembers. Successful completion may entitle seniors to a discount on automobile insurance premiums. To register, call 888-357-2396.
- Stroke support group : Tuesday, Dec. 1, 6 to 7 p.m., Ahlbin Rehabilitation Center, 4 Corporate Drive, Shelton. For information, call 203-925-4201.
- Traumatic brain injury group: meets the third Tuesday of the month, including Dec. 15, 6 to 7:30 pm, at the Access Independence, 80 Ferry Blvd., Stratford. For information, call 203-380-1004.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.