BRIDGEPORT, Conn. -- Leadership Greater Bridgeport will host its inaugural alumni party and scholarship fundraiser Thursday, Jan. 21.
The event will celebrate the leaders behind the leadership and honor Executive Directors Carole Adzima, Janice Martin, and Lisa Labella.
Proceeds will benefit the Janice Martin Scholarship Fund, which provides financial aid to individuals enrolled in Leadership Greater Bridgeport.
“Each year the best and brightest from the corporate and nonprofit communities are selected by their employers to participate and join this prestigious group of up-and-coming leaders," said Rebekah Harriman-Stites, co-chair of the Leadership Greater Bridgeport and principal of HK Consulting Group.
Graduates of the Leadership Greater Bridgeport include:
- Cindi Bigelow, president and CEO, Bigelow Tea, Fairfield.
- James “Tim” Shearin, chairman, Pullman and Comley in Bridgeport
- Terry O’Connor, executive director, Cardinal Sheehan Center and McGivney Center in Bridgeport
- Dianne Auger, senior vice president and chief strategy officer, St. Vincent’s Health Services in Bridgeport
- State Rep. Steve Stafstrom of Bridgeport, attorney at Pullman & Comley
- Alice Ferreira, national vice president, communications – United Healthcare in Trumbull
- Douglas Holcomb, CEO, Greater Bridgeport Transit
- Bill Hass, president and CEO, LifeBridge Community Services in Bridgeport
- Robert Francis, executive director, RYASAP, the Regional Youth Adult Social Action Partnership in Bridgeport
- Joseph Gaudett, chief of police, City of Bridgeport
- Steve Tyliszczak, development administrator, Bridgeport Landing Development
Leadership Greater Bridgeport is an affiliate of the Bridgeport Regional Business Council founded in 1990.
During the 10-month curriculum, participants hear from the leaders who are driving change in the region and are taken behind the scenes to experience first hand many venues that are off-limits to the general public.
In addition to the intensive classroom program, participants partner with local nonprofits to complete community projects.
This event is open to LGB alumni and anyone interested in learning more about LGB.
The VIP alumni reception is at 5 p.m with general admission at 6 p.m. at the University of Bridgeport, Arnold Bernhard Arts & Humanities Center, Tower Room, 84 Iranistan Ave., Bridgeport.
Reservations are required at www.BRBC.org.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.